Thursday, November 9, 2017

Giving

I know I am blessed. I thank the lord each day for my good fortune, my family, my career, my friends and life. I had a great childhood having been raised in the beautiful Sierra Nevada's.

Each day was a new adventure.
Each day had promise.
Each day had opportunity.
Each day was a chance for greatness.

I give thanks for the great people I serve the City of Hollister with. We have a good crew of employees at Hollister Police Department and the City of Hollister. Altruistic folks one and all.

Unfortunately being blessed isn't shared by all in our region. There is real poverty here in our community. There is real need for services and life sustaining supplies here. Many families/children go to bed hungry and cold.

I know I cannot fix this myself. I know that the reality is, is somebody will most likely die because of our local conditions. That just isn't acceptable to me and it should not be to you either. A short string of bad luck, poor economy, sickness, accident or injury can change your world over night.

I cannot pay someone's PG&E bill,
I cannot put food in everyone's pantries,
I cannot provide warm clothes and beds for all in need,
I cannot even provide shelter to those that do not have any.

But for a brief moment, I can help a kid find a smile and you can help me and our police officers with that.

This year for the third year, our police department is going to work with Turning Wheels for Kids, a bay area non-profit that helps provide new bicycles and new helmets to kids in our region. Here is a press release I did yesterday that announces that - Press Release.

I would really love some help this year. Turning Wheels for Kids gives out new bicycles and new helmets through a grant. Our police department applies for the grant and also helps assemble the bikes with other volunteers with Turning Wheels for Kids on their build day.

We can handle the hard labor, but I'd love to get some silent auction items to take up to Turning Wheels for Kids from area businesses and residents. if inclined, you can drop items like gift baskets, gift cards or other items suitable for a silent auction to Hollister PD from 11/20/17 - 12/1/17 (by 5:00 PM!) during normal business hours Monday-Friday.

I am counting on your help because I want to grow our local program even more, because frankly I am selfish and want to see more or our local kids in need smile when they receive their free bicycle. We can even provide a receipt and for your tax deductible donation.

Anyway please consider helping us with this latest project. I truly appreciate any and all help.

Be good to each other,

Chief








No comments:

Post a Comment