The schedule is simple this year for setup of the event. Side streets (5th, 6th & 7th) between East & San Benito and then again San Benito & Monterey will be closed tomorrow (Thursday). San Benito Street will remain open until midnight on Thursday (July 2). We close it down at Midnight on Friday at 12:01 AM.
The Rally will be July 3rd (9 AM - 9 PM), July 4th (9 AM - 9 PM) and July 5th (9 AM - 3 PM). San Benito Street will open at 6 PM sharp (or sooner), so you may want to get your bikes off the street right and on the curb right after 3 PM. We have towed a few bikes in the past to facilitate opening the road.
Many folks have asked me a lot of really good questions this year. I'll recap a few here.
- Chief, what about Waco, Texas and the shooting last year at the rally?
- Chief are you going to do anything different this year for public safety?
- Chief can I bring my dog to the rally?
- Can I have my pocket knife with me at the rally?
- Chief can I take a picture with you at the rally?
- Chief do you like bikers?
Point being, people are people and I don't think you can pigeon hole somebody into a label because people are like onions...they have layers. I like everybody. There is a few people that are bad though, we don't invite them to our event.
So, if you're coming to the event, I truly hope you enjoy yourself. Ride smart, ride safe and enjoy our local Hollister hospitality.