Thursday, October 5, 2017

50 things I’ve learned along my 50 year journey, random facts, questions and general nonsense


50 things I’ve learned along my 50 year journey, random facts, questions and general nonsense 

  1. Family is your most important asset, period.
  2. Time is the best gift you can give your spouse, children, family and friends.
  3. The older I get the more I realize I have become my father, which is a good thing.
  4. Your sister/brother will always be for there for you anytime, anywhere for the rest of your life time and will help you shovel to cover the bodies.
  5. The number of hours of hard work I do now is equitable to the number of days it takes for my body to recover from that work.
  6. True love, takes your breath away and warms your heart.
  7. No matter how old you are, you need your mom sometimes.
  8. New experiences are needed to grow.
  9. When someone lies to you you never really get over it.
  10. You always remember that first teacher who made it click in your head. Mine was Mrs. Ritchie at Chawanakee School - Go Warriors!
  11. We all know someone that’s died in a DUI crash.
  12. My first job I cleaned bathrooms and kitchens. I was a janitorial engineer. People are really gross in bathrooms.
  13. I’ve never started a fight in my life, but I have finished many. 
  14. Being a police officer is scary, depressing and nerve-racking but I wouldn’t change a thing about my career.
  15. Being a police officer is one of the most noble professions one can endeavor to become. 
  16. Being a parent is scary, sometimes depressing, did I mention scary and the best experience I’ve ever had in my life
  17. My wife is my best friend she’s also my conscience and she’s also really really honest on how I dress, speak and generally appear to the public.
  18. Math is hard but is the most valuable tool and skill set you can have as an adult besides manners and communication skills.
  19. Physical fitness is the best gift you can give yourself
  20. Ketchup, barbecue sauce and mustard are probably the best foods ever invented because they make food taste better
  21. Friends, there’s always that one that knows you like their family. That person will be at your funeral or you will be at their’s - do the right thing and erase their browser history
  22. If you are an animal lover you will have many dogs or cats in your lifetime take solace in the fact that you gave them all a full life, joy and happiness for their short time here
  23. For me, Christmas is still the greatest holiday
  24. Make sure you say something on someone’s birthday wish them well
  25. A life spent outside in the woods is a life well spent
  26. You’re never too old to watch a really good Bugs Bunny cartoon
  27. There should be a law that requires You too enjoy good warm popcorn when you go to the movies
  28. Some people age gracefully, some people don’t. The graceful ones are probably using very expensive products, just saying
  29. There’s nothing better than a good pair of old jeans
  30. When I was young I wanted to fly to the moon. Now that I am not young I just want to get up from bed without my back hurting
  31. Never underestimate the power of a good meal together as a family
  32. Always say please, thank you, sir and ma’am
  33. Men always open the door for women
  34. Men when going to a special occasion always remember to tack up or at least wear a tie and jacket you can always take the tie/jacket off
  35. Men always make a big deal out of the ladies fingernails when they get them done, hair when she gets them done or she buys new shoes. Bonus points for noticing the new outfit as well
  36. When on a long walk/hike in the mountains, the mountains you see in the distance is probably still 20 miles away
  37. Fishing stories that discuss actually catching fish.....are always fishy.
  38. Everybody you know is going to eventually die, it’s depressing but that’s the way life works
  39. Greatest gift you can give the world is your example and your kids been awesome carrying on that example.
  40. Who is in charge of the shape of a stick of butter? 
  41. In Star Trek in all of the series, pretty much Klingons are all different shapes and sizes depending on of course on the years of the series. I know with the explosion of Praxis, Klingons changed somewhat but......it’s weird. 
  42. The Dodgers suck and so do burpees.
  43. Treat people like you want to be treated. Don’t be that guy.
  44. When I was a kid I watched Gilligans Island, Bonanza, Bugs Bunny cartoons and really cool Godzilla movies on Sundays after church.
  45. I own way too many ties 
  46. One of my favorite country songs is Seminole Wind by John Anderson and I don’t care who knows 
  47. You can never have to many/much iTunes music, ball caps or tools
  48. The McRib sandwich is amazing but it only lasts like 37 seconds in your digestive tract until it wants to leave.
  49. I have zero musical talent, but I wish I did
  50. It would be cool to have another 50 years....

No comments:

Post a Comment