Monday, January 8, 2018

FBI NA Opening Day

Well I’ve arrived in Quantico, Virginia. I’m all settled in at the FBI National Academy. There is also a New FBI agents class here. They also started this week. They all look about 14 years old.

First impressions: This academy is very clean and nice. The instructors are top notch. The counselors are top notch. I went and looked at the gym, pool, track and library today. All I can say is wow. Super nice. The gym has every kind of machine and every thing you would need for crossfit.

Also, I did not know there was FBI Police. Now I do. Nice cats. The Marines at the checkpoints are awesome. These kids are all of 19 years old and are out there standing in the very low teens checking ID and vehicles. Super nice. I am going to give them something from HPD.

It’s is a ridiculous 17 degrees BTW.

Went through the uniform / gear line this morning. I am so glad I went early. It was nuts. There were some people in line for hours. If your coming to the FBI NA. On the first day, go eat early and get to the academy by 0700 hrs. Get your pic taken for your ID, get signed up for FBINAA and then run over to the store BEFORE 8 AM. I would recommend buying your khaki pants (5.11 type) before your come to the academy. I brought 4 pairs myself.

Layout: The FBI academy is set on the Quantico Marine Base. This base is massive. The academy is a secure area, inside of a secure area. That means, you have to show ID twice to enter the academy. The campus is huge. I mean enormous. I will take photos when I can and put them on the Chief David Westrick page on Facebook when I have a moment.

Currently: myself and the rest of the session attended our first briefing by the director of the national academy. All of the sections (there are 5) were there in the auditorium. Everyone was wearing their uniforms for the first time. I am in section 1. Each is an indicator of which group your doing PT with. So in other words I’m doing my PT in section 1.

Tomorrow: we have a briefing at 0730 hrs and then we will go thru the academies schedule and expectations. It’s a busy day. Classes start officially Wednesday.

I will post more when I csn give you a Week 1 wrap up.

Stay good to each other.

 Chief








2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an adventure you'll cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you pinch yourself yet? Good luck and take it all in!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete