Friday, January 5, 2018

The Butterfuly Effect

The Butterfly Effect is the simple concept that small causes can effect big things. Thoughts, ideas, actions, reactions all can be causes at one point or another. For the purpose of this discussion, lets focus on self, the world around us and the love we have for each other.

We are creatures of habit. (moms I'm not talking about you) We wake up, we check our social media feeds, we make coffee, we take a shower, we dress for success and then we go about our day. Its work, its school, its an activity...its something. That's self. We do those habitual things for our benefit usually. Not always, but usually.

Did we separate our recycling this morning? Did you feed the wild birds in the backyard? Did we feed the dog? Did we check on our elderly neighbor? Did you plan to go meet your new neighbors down the street? Did you make extra food for your roommate who's coming home late after work tonight? Did you donate your time off feeding the homeless? Did you donate blood this month? Did you buckle-up in front of your kids? Did you volunteer at the local animal shelter/rescue? Did you read to children at your local school? Did you call your Dad / Mom?


My point, we cant do everything, everyday, but we can do one thing everyday. We just have to pick something that does something positive in the world, each day.

That something can also be an expression of love for each other but doesn't have to be.

Here is what I am asking and really the reason I'm talking about the phenomenon. I will be out of town for the better part of three months. I would ask that each one of you try to do something positive, it can be small. We know that small positive changes can effect big things via the Butterfly Effect. My hope is that when I come back you will let me know about those small causes that effected the big things..

Just a short thought.

Chief


PS - I am going to try to blog each week my experiences at the FBI National Academy. Ill post them right here at mychiefthoughts.com



No comments:

Post a Comment