Sunday, January 28, 2018

FBI NA Week 3 - Session #271

Week 3 at the FBI National Academy has been busy. I think we have all settled into our classes and have started writing our term papers. I have turned in 2-3 in different classes already. Managing a class of 226 students is done through the University of Virginia. They actually have a large presence at the academy.

Some of us got off base for a little R&R this week, enjoying some of the many sights and great dining.

Wednesday we had our second "Fit Challenge" - Your Not In Kansas Anymore. This Fit Challenge was really fun. There were three stations - Hill Climbs (15-20 meters up a steep grade, stairs climbs (at the FBI Laboratory parking structure) and band-resisted running (25-30 meters) in the track in-field. It was good workout for sure.

I continued rowing, biking and CrossFit wod's daily (nightly actually) this week. I joined the challenge of riding 271 miles on the stationary bicycle, rowing 34 miles along with doing the weekly Fit Challenges and PT.

Wednesday we were scheduled to go to the Law Enforcement Memorial in Washington DC but some sort of bus snafu canceled that trip (it has been rescheduled).

Later in the week we had briefing from a survivor of the Virginia Tech Shooting and a survivor from the Navy Shipyards Shooting. Powerful stuff. Insightful as we had students in our session that responded to the Virginia Tech Shooting.

In my media class we started doing the interviews. Many of my classmates have never done media interviews but despite that did very well. I think our instructors have done an outstanding job.

I know today being Sunday 1/28/18 is technically Week 4...but my blog, my rules. Myself, my roommate Pedro, across the hall guys Rick and Dan "Chicago" went to the National Marine Corps Museum today. It is incredible. I don't know how to describe it any other way. I was not in the service, but I have a deep appreciation for those that have served. If you were a Marine and you have not visited, please do yourself a favor and go. If you were not a Marine or not in the service, please go, its amazing.

After several hours at the Marine Corps Museum, we decided to drive into DC. It was slightly raining and it was a Sunday. We parked downtown and went to lunch first at Ebbits. One of the best restaurant burgers I've ever eaten. After lunch we walked over to the National Mall and saw the sights, the Whitehouse, Washington Monument, World War 2 Monument, Korean War, Vietnam War monuments and of course the Lincoln Memorial.

Looking forward to a very busy Week 4.

Have a great week,

Chief





No comments:

Post a Comment